Your eye care professional can help you detect cataract early through regular, standard eye and retinal tests.
They will find out how developed your cataract is and review your medical history and lifestyle needs to determine if you need cataract surgery.
Then you can begin to discuss which specific surgery option is best for you.
Here are some questions you can ask:
1. How advanced is my cataract?
2. What is the risk if I wait for surgery?
3. What does the procedure involve?
4. What are the risks of cataract surgery?
5. What types of replacement lens are available?
6. How much does cataract surgery cost?
7. Does my medical insurance cover the costs?